Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Bigbrakeupgrade.com
I paid $500 for the calipers with only 180 miles on them with pads

Thanks for that, I'd found a Brembo adapter bracket that fit a stock Monte knuckle but not the S10. I'll likely go the stock S10 route for the short term because I can get that stuff dirt cheap and the pull and pay. No sh*t big brakes for under a grand is pretty smokin. I'm just up in the air as to which is a better setup, cartridge style hub or old school bearings. I suspect the latter to be more durable, but question if the former would really ever give me any issues at all.

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Thanks for that, I'd found a Brembo adapter bracket that fit a stock Monte knuckle but not the S10. I'll likely go the stock S10 route for the short term because I can get that stuff dirt cheap and the pull and pay. No sh*t big brakes for under a grand is pretty smokin. I'm just up in the air as to which is a better setup, cartridge style hub or old school bearings. I suspect the latter to be more durable, but question if the former would really ever give me any issues at all.
Bigbrakeupgrade.com has a lot of S10 stuff. Options for larger 1LE bearings and such

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Bigbrakeupgrade.com has a lot of S10 stuff. Options for larger 1LE bearings and such

I just clicked back one to S10/G Body stuff. Those 1LE hubs are for 3rd gen Camaro 1LE bearings, right? Those are supposed to be beefy and I'm not scared of packing bearings myself.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I just clicked back one to S10/G Body stuff. Those 1LE hubs are for 3rd gen Camaro 1LE bearings, right? Those are supposed to be beefy and I'm not scared of packing bearings myself.
Are you going with the B-body spindles and 12" 1LE rotors? I have the complete setup I kept when I went to the Blazer spindles.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Are you going with the B-body spindles and 12" 1LE rotors? I have the complete setup I kept when I went to the Blazer spindles.

Short term plan is junkyard Blazer stuff. Long term would be these Brembos on a 13-14" rotor, but I'm up in the air on which knuckles/spindles I want to go with. That's a ways down the road though as the frame swap comes first and I have yet to procure the donor. This car fell into my lap when I myself was staring down the barrel of a multi-year backlog

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor