discovered something wonderful today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
the new car has posi! swweeettt! we got it up on the lift for the first time, and i leaned on one of the wheels, and both turned the same way! the mechanic tested it out ( i had to get going to school) but he called me and confirmed it has posi and limited slip. It looks the same as the one in my regal, so it must be from a H/O, monte ss, or GN right?

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
sorry I dont think your that lucky to have a 8.5 take a pic for me and I can tell you for sure lol atleast I am not ever that lucky but any g-body could have a limited slip it was a option on them all.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
positive traction wasnt, thats for sure, and it was a pleasent supriese after expecting a non-posi unit. Ive seen used posi units go for a 800 on here. even if its not all that special, its still better than what the regal would had. lol

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
there are 7.5 rears and 8.5 rears. Both could be posi or not.

The rears that sell for 800 and up are the 8.5. But even if it is a 7.5, its better than a 7.5 open rear. lol

You most likely have a 7.5.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Most likely a 7.5 but hey way better then an open rear. Take a pic for us we'll tell you

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
Yeah ... and ... you don't have both "posi and limited slip" ...

You have a limited slip differential, which chevy called positivetraction (or "posi" for short). People get those confused a lot.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
lol i was just relaying what was told to me, im still new to rear ends and trannies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor