Diveshaft loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I'm a little confused by this... Those universal ones look like you would have to spend some time experimenting with the bolt locations to get the right shape and position for your loop. Which would require spending some time under the car anyways...

The non universal loops are made with the proper shape and location for our cars, and so you would only spend the time removing and re-installing your driveshaft. Which to me seems like a quicker process.

You can get ones from summit, UMI, BMR, and many other places for GBody cars, ready to bolt up. The one 85GPLef41 shows on his car is from FastMonte.com, and it is made with 3" setback for a 700r4 transmission setup (which is 3" longer than a th350 or 200-4r).

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
khan0165 said:
I'm a little confused by this... Those universal ones look like you would have to spend some time experimenting with the bolt locations to get the right shape and position for your loop. Which would require spending some time under the car anyways...

Yes, but you are missing the point of my original post. I was asking about a DIRECT bolt in loop for a G-body that ALSO didn't require driveshaft removal and I asked about this because a friend of mine ( supposedly ) purchased one but I could'nt find any reference to it. So yeah, if that loop exists then that's the one I'd want to get. If it doesn't, I will most likely just drop the drive shaft and get one of the various G-body specific ones.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
DoubleV said:
khan0165 said:

Yes, but you are missing the point of my original post. I was asking about a DIRECT bolt in loop for a G-body that ALSO didn't require driveshaft removal and I asked about this because a friend of mine ( supposedly ) purchased one but I could'nt find any reference to it. So yeah, if that loop exists then that's the one I'd want to get. If it doesn't, I will most likely just drop the drive shaft and get one of the various G-body specific ones.

As far as I know, there are no direct bolt in loops for our cars that can be installed w/o removing the shaft....Like Khan mentioned, I got mine with the 3" setback from James Happe, aka Fastmonte.com. If you do fine one, which is highly unlikely, let us all know.. 8)

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I finally got ahold of my friend and ask him about his loop and he confirmed he did ( does ) in fact have a G-body specific loop that didn't require dropping the driveshaft BUT it was custom made by a friend and not store bought. I will just get one of the direct bolt in ones from Summit and drop the shaft.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
DoubleV said:
I finally got ahold of my friend and ask him about his loop and he confirmed he did ( does ) in fact have a G-body specific loop that didn't require dropping the driveshaft BUT it was custom made by a friend and not store bought. I will just get one of the direct bolt in ones from Summit and drop the shaft.

you can always modify the hoop so you can install it without dropping the shaft at the rear

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Less work ( at least to me ) to just drop the drive shaft. No biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor