Dixie Monte Dash Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

eocoolj

Apprentice
May 27, 2010
Does anyone have any experience with the dash covers sold by Dixie Monte Carlo? I am considering pulling the trigger on one, but I have yet to see a picture of one installed on a car.

Thanks

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
dash cover as in the complete dash cap or dash cover like carpet kit :?:

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Here check out this thread ..I got mine from azbob as well........... Not installed yet but I will do it soon....viewtopic.php?f=38&t=24346

woodss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 15, 2010
I tried one once and I wasnt happy but Im extremely picky. In my experience removing the dash is a must to do this and have a lot of different clamp configurations and ways to hold it in different positions to apply pressure where neccessary. Ive also bought crack free dashes for around the 500 mark and to be honest...they dont stay that way long...they are 25 years old. New ones are ideal but the 1000+ price point is pricey to say the least. Ive made a custom one as well which is very time consuming and Ive seen some nice custom ones as well that guys have made...good luck whatever you decide.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
blonguyss said:
I tried one once and I wasnt happy but Im extremely picky. In my experience removing the dash is a must to do this and have a lot of different clamp configurations and ways to hold it in different positions to apply pressure where neccessary. Ive also bought crack free dashes for around the 500 mark and to be honest...they dont stay that way long...they are 25 years old. New ones are ideal but the 1000+ price point is pricey to say the least. Ive made a custom one as well which is very time consuming and Ive seen some nice custom ones as well that guys have made...good luck whatever you decide.
We'd love to see some pics of your work...Btw, Welcome here to GBF. Enjoy your stay!!! 8)

woodss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 15, 2010
Thank you - I am a noob but not to G-bodys. Ill post some pics in my album shortly for anyone who wants to take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor