DIY Air Ride System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
I am looking to piece a air ride kit together. I dont need anything crazy. Just up and down. I mostly want it for better ride quality since I will probaby be going with big rims on this gbody. My question is what are the parts I need that I can source through swap meets, forums. craigslist, and stuff people may be selling.

Bumpin1ohm has bags in the rear that he purchased from autozone I think that are affordable. I dont know if these would allow me to go up and down and required.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
2600# bags all 4 corners
g body specific brackets
8 valves, dont waste your time with 4 unless you like body roll
tank
compressors, i recomend at least 2 decent ones
pressure switch
air line, i recomend 3/8
fittings,brass push lock is the way to go, dont skimp here!
power wire and high amp relay.

on a budget 1200-1500, doing it nice 1500-2500 and tahts shopping around. i thought i could do it for less and i am awesome at finding deals. dont buy cheap crap, buy name brand viar pumps, firestone or slam bags.... imagine a suspension failure on the interstate..... crash and boom into wall or car... roll it? scary stuff to say the least. i blew out a air line on a exhaust pipe once racing a guy, not a good deal!

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
regalman4925 said:
2600# bags all 4 corners
g body specific brackets
8 valves, dont waste your time with 4 unless you like body roll
tank
compressors, i recomend at least 2 decent ones
pressure switch
air line, i recomend 3/8
fittings,brass push lock is the way to go, dont skimp here!
power wire and high amp relay.

on a budget 1200-1500, doing it nice 1500-2500 and tahts shopping around. i thought i could do it for less and i am awesome at finding deals. dont buy cheap crap, buy name brand viar pumps, firestone or slam bags.... imagine a suspension failure on the interstate..... crash and boom into wall or car... roll it? scary stuff to say the least. i blew out a air line on a exhaust pipe once racing a guy, not a good deal!

Thanks. I found a lead on the compressors locally made by viar. Its two and the kit for 375 i think. Where can I get the brackets for a reasonable price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor