DIY Window tinting

Onebadbowtie86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 2, 2009
Northern MI
I have tinted a few cars now, and i will never buy tint from the store again! however i will still tint my own windows.... I bought a couple tint kits off ebay from a seller named tint-pro. The tint kits come with tint for every piece of glass in the car, laser cut and fits perfect. you just peel soap and apply, then squeegee. I did my truck that didnt have tint from the factory, and a buddy's truck last week end. Im going to be ordering a kit for my car also. The best part is not only is the tint all pre-cut, its only $32 for every pice you will need shipped to your door. Heres how my truck came out:

cleantrucks005.jpg

cleantrucks006.jpg

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
Looks good, but that's basically illegal, right?

they day i posted that pic i get yanked over for window tint!! what are the chances. haha but no ticket, just warning so to answer your question..yupp!

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
v8power said:
Looks good, but that's basically illegal, right?

they day i posted that pic i get yanked over for window tint!! what are the chances. haha but no ticket, just warning so to answer your question..yupp!

i think the white paint helps make the illegalness glaringly obvious, lol.

DelOhio

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2009
Delaware, Ohio
Well I finaly got good weather and some sun today so I got the quarter windows done up. Looks great, all in all It took about an hour for the two windows. I ended up not being able to secure a cameraman/helper so I was solo meaning I wasn't in a possition to stop and take a sh*t load of pics.

It was easy and I agree, thoose videos help a million don't they.

I still ahve to do the back window and I'll get more pic's for you guys but I hope this thread incourages more people to DIY.

I would love to have had pre cut peaces! That was my biggest obsticle by far. :idea:
Tinted1.jpg

Tinted3.jpg

83cutlasssedan

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
Thanks for posting this thread. I have been thinking about tinting my Cutlass for awhile and after reading i think I will do it.

I don't want to make it too dark though, so I was thinking 20%. Does anyone have any pictures of there cars with 20% tint? What do you guys think of 20?

Thanks

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
On the kits that were talked about previously with the pre-cut tint do they make those kits for our older cars? I may be tempted to do this myself to the malibu only because I do not want to risk my paint in some guys shop. Also do you have to take off the door panel or what do you do?

crappycutlass

Master Mechanic
May 28, 2007
gila makes the tint i used for my SS...

2.5%.. g body's are super easy as someone else said... flat windows.

i would not reccomend 2.5% for anybody... nighttime was a beitach.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
i took my windows out in my g body it makes tinting allot easier, and its easy to take them out.

Reactions: 1 user

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
I finally removed all my tint and I found a way that is super easy cut trash bags to fit the windows spray them down with simple green put on the trash bags smooth them down like tint wait 2 hours and the tint peels right off WITH THE GLUE :D

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor