Dlo253's 84 Cutlass Build/Progress. G-Body Nation C.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
So, my winter plans were gonna be my trunk and interior. Changed that idea. Going to start buying parts to rebuild my motor and beef her up a little.
Gonna get some summit "vortec" heads, flat top pistons looking for around 10-10.5:1 cr, then compatible intake manifold of course and a set of headers, not sure which cam yet. While I'm at it I'm also going to get a posi unit and gearset for the 7.5. After that I'm sure it will hold up just fine.

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
I also need a posi unit

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
They are pretty affordable, I'm gonna get an Aubrun posi. Thinking of goin with 3.42 gears.
Buying the Summit Vortecs when my tax return comes.
Hopefully that will be the nudge I need to pull the motor and get this Cutlass lookin respectable finally.

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
Gotta get it done

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Not much for updates yet. Got a new set of heads though, the Summit vortecs. Gonna slowly start getting parts together. Decided im gonna go with 3.73s instead of 3.42. And I think im just gonna go with the Summit version of the pro stars. Once I gather up some more parts and get to work this thread and build in general will come back to life.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
This poor thread is full of fail and broken promises :cry:
After a long leave, I hope to be back around here a bit more again.
Hahaha, my other money pit has been very needy making the Cutlass take the back burner.
So 2 motors, a full suspension build, and countless amounts of money later, I decided the Cutlass needs to get some much needed attention.
I feel bad for neglecting her so bad, wish I had a spot in the shop to park! You all will shun me when I post pics of how it is sitting right now, depressing.

I am really itching to just enjoy driving it this summer, so yet again.... Change of plans. :wtf:
The bottom end of this motor is healthy, ugly on the outside.. But healthy. So I am going to just get all the needed accessories and put these heads on.
I need to get it licensed, eligible for collector plates this year! Also, before I drive it I need to get new rear tires. Other than that I want to just start doing random things to get it looking more presentable. Tired of seeing it sit off in the corner getting beat to hell by mother nature, and decided it's time to change that. Hopefully we will have better weather next weekend so I can pull it out and wash it and go from there...

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
No real updates yet. But yesterday I went and got it registered and got my collector plates.. Well, paid for them... They will come within 2 weeks. I figure that will be the nudge I need to get to work on the Cutty and take a break from the Integra for a while. I may end up making a new build thread. This one is fairly lame :D

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Went over yesterday and pulled off the rear wheels and replaced them with some spares I had around. I need to do some refinishing work on the barrels then a bit of paint, before I can get new tires. One front tire also has a slow leak. Need to inspect it, I think it is also due to the barrel needing a refinish but won't know until I pull it. Tried to start it up, and realized that my battery finally kicked the bucket after sitting all that time, so will need a new one before I can drive. Probly gonna get an Optima. I still need to get all these damn leafs and twigs off the poor thing so I can pull it out and give her a bath.. Once I pull it out I will take a bunch of pics of it in the terrible condition is has been living in. Just to better track my progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor