DM code steering box

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Thanks oldsmobile joe, but the DM box is actually on my car right now. It's strange to me that the DM code is not easily identifiable. I know GP's weren't the top sellers, but an F41 '86 GP can't be terribly rare either. I've considered reaching out to Lee mfg. to see what info they have.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
May just need to adjust the overcenter adjustment tighter. Through you do need to remove the box from the car to adjust it correctly.
https://www.elcaminocentral.com/threads/removing-slop-in-the-gm-steering-box.27532/
Initial point of this thread was trying to decipher the DM box. In the mean time I figured out that my play was from a little slippage in my Jeep steering shaft top collar. Mine has the tabs that keep it from failing completely, but a couple of tack welds eliminated any slippage. Might check that over center adjustment on my MCSS box since it's off the car currently.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
50q58g.jpg

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
In the mean time I figured out that my play was from a little slippage in my Jeep steering shaft top collar. Mine has the tabs that keep it from failing completely, but a couple of tack welds eliminated any slippage.
and now we know the rest of the story.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor