BUILD THREAD Do I get a membership card now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
You could always buy my 57 olds

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
  • Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Basically I've been watching prices and anything A body is $$$ and theres a lot of 49-56 olds that were restored in the 80's or before and the owners are dead or can't drive them anymore and it's not a tri-five so nobody knows what it is.

I'm thinking picking up a nice body car with worn suspension, dry rotted tires and an engine that overheats can't be that hard to find.

Replace suspension with more street oriented stuff, stuff a twin turbo DX olds into it and do a drag week style build would be awesome.
Screenshot_20200922-185851.png

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Well I have handed my membership card to a new owner.

It happened much faster than I planned but received a fair offer on so it's in a new driveway. I am keeping the Driveline, fuel system and wheels for the Cutlass.

I'll still have some viewership rights so I'm excited to see what direction the new owner takes. He's building a family friendly drag/street car so it's in good hands.

That's a wrap!

IMG_20200929_180455.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Yeah selling it is something I had to get my mind around but it made sense long term. I had planned to sell it after Power Tour this summer but the 'Rona happened and cancelled the event which meant it was a summer of 21 sale. Still no big deal. Was planning to address the slipping trans this winter and do the buckets and console conversion. New owners are likely letting me borrow it for Power Tour next summer so I still get to take it on the trip.

Since I have 4 'done' project cars and this was the least attached I am to, this was the one to go. I was looking to move into another project in the next year or two.

The sale ends up probably the best of both worlds. I am able to EFI swap my carb turbo cutlass from the parts I am taking out of the car since I feel like that car has been neglected and is too nice to sit.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor