BUILD THREAD Do I get a membership card now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Yeah selling it is something I had to get my mind around but it made sense long term. I had planned to sell it after Power Tour this summer but the 'Rona happened and cancelled the event which meant it was a summer of 21 sale. Still no big deal. Was planning to address the slipping trans this winter and do the buckets and console conversion. New owners are likely letting me borrow it for Power Tour next summer so I still get to take it on the trip.

Since I have 4 'done' project cars and this was the least attached I am to, this was the one to go. I was looking to move into another project in the next year or two.

The sale ends up probably the best of both worlds. I am able to EFI swap my carb turbo cutlass from the parts I am taking out of the car since I feel like that car has been neglected and is too nice to sit.
Did the trailer hitch go with the sale?
I'm interested if its available

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Booooooo...

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Did the trailer hitch go with the sale?
I'm interested if its available

I can ask if he wants it. I am pulling the parts off it in a few months he isn't using so I'll see what he says.

Booooooo...

I expected the, err, tepid response here. Honestly I have some sellers remorse but the digits showed up in my bank account so it's done. I have a lead on another G body wagon if I feel the urge again :) .

I have been feeling that my green Cutlass has been neglected lately and this lets me get it to the point where I can free up some time, space, and money to get back to it. Trying to keep positive and tell myself this will allow me to focus some more time on the Cutlass, the 2+2, and the group drag Turbo LS cutlass I partially own.

I am 2 weekends of work and a couple hundred bucks away from having a 'free' 9 second drag car making passes. it just needs the fenders bolted back on, turbo piping cut, trans cooler lines, rear brake hose, shifter installed and a ECM bolted in.

1601566248707.png

1601566273738.png

Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I can ask if he wants it. I am pulling the parts off it in a few months he isn't using so I'll see what he says.

I expected the, err, tepid response here. Honestly I have some sellers remorse but the digits showed up in my bank account so it's done. I have a lead on another G body wagon if I feel the urge again :) .

I have been feeling that my green Cutlass has been neglected lately and this lets me get it to the point where I can free up some time, space, and money to get back to it. Trying to keep positive and tell myself this will allow me to focus some more time on the Cutlass, the 2+2, and the group drag Turbo LS cutlass I partially own.

I am 2 weekends of work and a couple hundred bucks away from having a 'free' 9 second drag car making passes. it just needs the fenders bolted back on, turbo piping cut, trans cooler lines, rear brake hose, shifter installed and a ECM bolted in.

View attachment 158435
View attachment 158436

There is something to be said for having "focus", or at least the desire,the willingness to try, or (if you are so blessed) the ability to focus.

Reactions: 3 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
TY. Much appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Well probably the last update. Helped the new owner pull the turbo Buick setup today and brought it home.

But bittersweet but it will be nice to get this in the cutlass and see what direction the new owner takes the wagon.

I'll probably get a build thread started for the cutlass refresh this spring. Plans are
1. Rebuild the trans. Band in this one is shot
2. Get a bigger turbo, maybe a ta49 size. This car burns a bit of oil on startup and based on the oil in the up pipe I think the turbo seal is going out. And a 3" downpipe. Heads had fresh bronze guides from when it was rebuild by the previous owner in 95 and had 250 miles on before the crank snapped, and I put new seals in when I build the engine so I don't think it's the heads needing a rebuild. I did a compression check and it's 115-135 on all cylinders so it's even and good. I don't think the rings didn't break in.
3. Clean up some of the wiring
4. Swap the ECM to a tuneable laptop style. Likely the dynamic efi one. It replaces the chip with a new board that can be flashed with a laptop like an LS

Just want a reliable 12.00 car

Here we go
IMG_20201205_100445.jpg

IMG_20201205_131140.jpg

Up we go
IMG_20201205_133712.jpg

IMG_20201205_143618.jpg

Going home

IMG_20201205_152954.jpg

And home for hibernation.
IMG_20201205_163537.jpg

New owner didn't hesitate to get started.
IMG_20201205_183407.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Hate to see it go, but it looks like you found it a good loving home. Looking forward to seeing posts on the cutlass again.

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Yeah it was a fun build. The T type wagon concept was pretty fun. Was hoping to hit the car show circuit a bit this summer and that didn't happen obviously but oh well.

I got out what I put in the car and enjoyed it for 3 years so I'm not complaining. I'm happy with the home it's going and it's going to be an 8.50 capable drag week style car so it's certainly not a bad life.

I found a decent X body 73 omega that I'm going to look at in a few weeks. I want something light that I can do my own 8.50 style drag week style build on and I think that might be it. Then I have a home for my future DX turbo olds build.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor