Dog dish hubcaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locus2298

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 20, 2021
I don't recognize the caps you initially posted the image of & I'm a geek for steelies & poverty caps.
I have dog-dish caps on my Malibu (60's era), my 64 C10, my 67C10, my 3/4 ton, my trailer, & Cabriolet. My dually uses full caps that resemble poverty caps too.

I recently bought a set of g-body era (78-88) poverty caps for the Malibu as well.
Yeah, I was trying to search the ones that I found everywhere but it seems those are not oem at all haha. And yeah, at least I know the correct size I need now

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
In the image below.... The three matching caps are S10 spec dog-dish/poverty caps. The 4th cap is a C10 81-87 vintage dog-dish/poverty cap.They are all the 10 1/8" size that should work w/an S10 spec steel wheel.
The C10 caps are easy to find (Craigslist; E-bay). The S10 caps are out there but get expensive for NICE (take-off quality) caps. Less for 'used' caps.

Find one of the C10 variety (since they're cheaper/easier to find) to confirm it fits your wheel as it should. If so, hunt for the S10 caps or look for any 10 1/8 GM passenger car cap that you like the looks of.
I got those all black S-10 caps, I think I painted one blue thou

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
my dog dish.

Attachments

• 96.jpeg
    96.jpeg
    520 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey guys, so the thing is that my 86' MC has this style of steel rims.
View attachment 178806

I found some dog dish style hubcaps and they mostly fit but I can't get them pass one of the little knubs on the rim when trying to install them, every time. Also I notice 2 of the knubs are like hooks to hold caps. I think they will fit but I don't know how to make them fit or install them. Any ideas? Also, these are the caps I found
Those caps may be from a Chevette. I would measure the backside. I believe Chevette caps may be smaller in diameter...at least where they clip on.

Last edited:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
My dogdish caps. '66-'67 vintage. The second cap is from a '70's-'80's B-body Caprice police, taxi, etc. They're all aluminum I believe. The third pic has them on a cool Malibu.

Attachments

• thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 101
  • thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    28 KB · Views: 102
  • thumbnail (5).jpg
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    32 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
just sayin'.....dog dishes/poverty caps etc etc are cool in my book.....

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor