CUTLASS Dog house swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

Master Mechanic
Jan 10, 2018
I really like the looks of the 81 and newer Cutlass (2dr.) front end. Will this front end fit on a 79 Cutlass wagon?

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
It will "fit" but the body lines wont match up. The Cutlass wagons have somewhat more of a boxy body to them like a malibu. The Cutlass front has more of a curve and the body lines on the upper fenders flow into the doors.

Ratchet

Master Mechanic
Jan 10, 2018
It will "fit" but the body lines wont match up. The Cutlass wagons have somewhat more of a boxy body to them like a malibu. The Cutlass front has more of a curve and the body lines on the upper fenders flow into the doors.
That’s what I thought. What about leaving the existing (79) fenders on and only switching out the header panel, grill and bumper?

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
That might land you a little closer, im not sure if that will work perfect but you may be able to tweak it to work. Probably your best bet. The hood will be your issue there but easily fixed with a cutlass hood. I believe your wagon hood is raised in the middle while the cutlass hood (and header panel) are recessed in the middle. So with a hood, bumper, and header panel swap you should be at least in the ballpart

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor