EL CAMINO Doing some research!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRBrew

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 6, 2018
Eastern Montana
Welp, I knew if I scoured the interwebs long enough, I'd run across a forum supporting these cars.

I've always loved the G-Body GM cars and El Caminos in general.

I'm a Retired USAF Vet and fell into my dream job of helping other Vets as a Vet Service Officer.

While out of my office conducting outreach, about I ran across another Vet that at the end of the conversation asked me if I was a car guy... when I affirmed that I was, he asked if I liked El Caminos...

Well, I had to run out to his small farm to grab his discharge paperwork (my scanner wigged out, I found out after he left) and he gave me a hard time for what the real reason I had for stopping out...

Well, he went in to grab the paperwork and I went to the fence line.... in the fence line is a 1983 El Camino. The body has some Eastern Montana surface rust and one dent.... the interior is ratted out.

He gave me a several hundred dollar price, I was dismayed at the condition, but I think I'll buy it on the condition that I can get it running.... lol

Worst case scenario? I'll spend some time here trying to glean some knowledge.

Hopefully I'll have a new toy by the end of the summer.

Oly

Reactions: 4 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Welcome! Hopefully it works out...lots of great info/knowledge here.

Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
if it's only surface rust, then it's a steal of a price.

welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service to our country.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Thank you for your service
Welcome to fourm
Hope you can save the Elco

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard, Oly.
I would seriously consider it if the rust is minimal...especially at that price. As mentioned, I would definitely inspect the floor pans, frame rails, doors, etc.
Good luck! Hope it works out for you.

TRBrew

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 6, 2018
Eastern Montana
Thanks guys!

The only reason I mentioned my service was to set the scene of finally finding the perfect job that I found when I had to grow up.

The biggest obstacle is trying to satisfy the wifes concerns about "another" project....

I've been trying to piece together a Frankenjeep and then trying to resuce her families 1973 F-250, aka 'ol Green.... the wife says Frankenjeep has to go... I might just have to list it at a high price and then shrug when no takers come along... lol

The best thing is that I can use it as intended to haul other things I need for Frankenjeep/'ol Green.

Oly

Zeus785

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2018
Welcome and thank you for your service.

WBOWERS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2018
Wayne, Michigan
Welp, I knew if I scoured the interwebs long enough, I'd run across a forum supporting these cars.

I've always loved the G-Body GM cars and El Caminos in general.

I'm a Retired USAF Vet and fell into my dream job of helping other Vets as a Vet Service Officer.

While out of my office conducting outreach, about I ran across another Vet that at the end of the conversation asked me if I was a car guy... when I affirmed that I was, he asked if I liked El Caminos...

Well, I had to run out to his small farm to grab his discharge paperwork (my scanner wigged out, I found out after he left) and he gave me a hard time for what the real reason I had for stopping out...

Well, he went in to grab the paperwork and I went to the fence line.... in the fence line is a 1983 El Camino. The body has some Eastern Montana surface rust and one dent.... the interior is ratted out.

He gave me a several hundred dollar price, I was dismayed at the condition, but I think I'll buy it on the condition that I can get it running.... lol

Worst case scenario? I'll spend some time here trying to glean some knowledge.

Hopefully I'll have a new toy by the end of the summer.

Oly[/Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor