Dome light orange delay box=how do I bypass it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PraeT

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2015
image.jpeg

Good luck OP.

Not trying to thread jack, just didn't see the need in starting a new one. My delay feature has stopped. What does this module look like, and where is it so I can attempt the same bypass or snag another? Is it the same setup on a 79 Malibu?

Edit: Orange module under the drivers side dash. Is this it? If so does it just unplug?

Thanks.

Last edited:

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
View attachment 48617

Good luck OP.

Not trying to thread jack, just didn't see the need in starting a new one. My delay feature has stopped. What does this module look like, and where is it so I can attempt the same bypass or snag another? Is it the same setup on a 79 Malibu?

Edit: Orange module under the drivers side dash. Is this it? If so does it just unplug?

Thanks.

Yes that orange box is the delay module and yes it will unplug .

I have modules if you'd like to keep the option.

Last edited:

PraeT

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2015
And for the OP, I just stripped an end off two butt splices (basically creating a male bullet connector) and used to plug into the harness connecting both white wires. Seems to work fine.

Thanks all for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor