Dookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileaudio25

G-Body Guru
Jan 12, 2012
columbus, ohio
I just saw other people covering license plates, I assumed it was for a good reason. I hadn't considered a new radiator, we'll see how far I get. plugs are good, wires I believe are the same as when I got it. Belts are good. Fuel filter oil filter and change are on the list. Brake lines I'd bet are original, tires have tread but are quite old (one of the two reasons I'm looking for n90s) Should I put new front brearings in when I do the blazer brake upgrade? I dont have the desire to repack the old ones (dont have enough tools or space to work with). Finally I'll take your advice on the headlights, plan on doing those with a friend who knows more about electrical... and sticking with the halogens that come with the h4s
If you are doing the blazer brake upgrade you will no longer have wheel bearings as they use a hub assembly. I would recommend when you do the upgrade remove the brake sensor plug from the hub and shoot some bearing grease down into the hub assembly. If you have the extra money riffraff makes greaseable fittings that go in place of the sensor which now makes your hubs greaseable with a zerk fitting. I have them on mine. Makes for good service so you don't have to replace the hub unless it's shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It's pretty much a matter of replacing what you feel needs to be replaced, and do a visual check on whatever you feel might be in question.
It's never a bad idea to do a complete maintenance on the vehicle...even if it's to make you feel more confident.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
If you are doing the blazer brake upgrade you will no longer have wheel bearings as they use a hub assembly. I would recommend when you do the upgrade remove the brake sensor plug from the hub and shoot some bearing grease down into the hub assembly. If you have the extra money riffraff makes greaseable fittings that go in place of the sensor which now makes your hubs greaseable with a zero fitting. I have them on mine. Makes for good service so you don't have to replace the hub unless it's shot.
You learned well young grasshopper...:p

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor