GRAND PRIX Door and ignition lock cylinder set

Status
Not open for further replies.

43grandprix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2010
My '82 Grand Prix is needing new door locks and probably an ignition key cylinder as well. Are the new AC Delco ones worth looking at or has the quality of them went downhill since a lot of AC Delco stuff is being made overseas these days? Or are any of the aftermarket brands worth looking at or not? Thanks.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I am good with aftermarket unless you are maintaining an original ride.

43grandprix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2010
I am good with aftermarket unless you are maintaining an original ride.

My restoration isn't original. Which aftermarket brand would you recommend and is the current AC Delco quality of parts ok? I ordered an AC Delco brand new alternator a few years ago for my 2000 GMC Pickup and was sick that it's made in China!

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
The AC Delco stuff is great and if you ordered it go with it. When I had my shops we were a Delco Tech approved shop and I always felt good with their stuff

43grandprix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2010
The AC Delco stuff is great and if you ordered it go with it. When I had my shops we were a Delco Tech approved shop and I always felt good with their stuff

Thanks so much for your advice. I think I'll go ahead and order the AC Delco door lock cylinders etc.

43grandprix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2010
Does the Grand Prix have more than one type of door lock cylinder? Thought I saw a few G-Bodies that could have either a short or long cylinder. Don't know what mine has since the door panel hasn't been removed. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor