Door Trim Interchangability

Status
Not open for further replies.

mguerci

Apprentice
Aug 30, 2006
Columbia, SC
Does anyone know if the chrome (aluminum) trim along the outside of the the top of the door (the piece with the window sweep attached that is behind the mirror) is interchangable between different 78-80 g-bodies? Specially a GP and a Cutlass. I figure they are since they use the same windows and window sweeps.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
A1 (or 1A) Automotive on ebay sells these and they know which ones are the same. I believe the GP and the Monte are the same.

mguerci

Apprentice
Aug 30, 2006
Columbia, SC
Actually I purchased the window sweeps from them a few years ago (very good product by the way) I did this check originally and the part numbers are the same, but they only sell the weatherstipping, not with the large 2 1/4 trim piece (in the deluxe package). I'm reasonably sure the trim pieces are the same between all g-body coupes, but I am just seeing if anyone has any first hand experience.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
The outside trim (aluminum) by the sweep is not universal. Look at pics of diff Gs, some wide, some thin, some black, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor