DRAG WEEK 2019 IN THE BOOKS !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
As much as I am a racer this race doesn't interest me. It's a hell of a lot of money just to say I did it. Don't get me wrong I like the race and follow it, just not for me.

A week of cruising and fixing and tire burning with a trip or two down the track. If the weather is anything other than crappy, then what else is there to make for a full day or week of fun? Expensive? Maybe, but you only live once IMHO. :):)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
A week of cruising and fixing and tire burning with a trip or two down the track. If the weather is anything other than crappy, then what else is there to make for a full day or week of fun? Expensive? Maybe, but you only live once IMHO. :):)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said it's a great race just not for me. It doesn't fit our racing schedule and I like racing for $$$. Big factor is I'm not going to throw down $3000.00 just to do it ! Have you ever gone to Summit Raceway Parks Halloween Classic ??? Great week long race w/ something for everyone.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; When a friend participated in it years ago I would of loved to join him. But after going as spectator to Byron 2 years ago, I was very disappointed! Don't get me wrong I still had a great time, but not a single turbo car left on green! And NO one cut a light? That's not racin'? If they had an opponent, many would of been done for the day. To me drag racin' is ya leave a bit before green, ya don't get a week to spool up in hopes that ya catch the turbo spin just right for a great blast (run)! Maybe that's why I don't care for turbo cars so much? A few years back I got into a contest with a super bike, from a roll & we had to stop 250 yards later for a light. But from a roll I clobbered him, as he was fiddlin' with gears (down shift). Then at the light (waited until green, intersection) I put a hole shot on him, buzzed up to 5 over the limit (30 MPH), race over! Oh he did blow by at well over the limit (in town). Yes he could of beat me on an 1/8 (maybe), 1/4 for sure. My point is the quickest car (vehicle) isn't alway the winner. So my conclusion is many of these purpose built cars for Drag Week would NOT do very well in what I call a real drag race! My $.02 cents, Ole' Bob.
Ps: I'll attach one of my favorite pictures, as it proves my point. My ole' work car, 400 HP against 700+HP cat of some kind!

Attachments

• IMG_0332.JPG
    IMG_0332.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 279
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
As I said it's a great race just not for me. It doesn't fit our racing schedule and I like racing for $$$. Big factor is I'm not going to throw down $3000.00 just to do it ! Have you ever gone to Summit Raceway Parks Halloween Classic ??? Great week long race w/ something for everyone.

Never been to Summit Raceway Park, but would like to.

Greetings Guys; When a friend participated in it years ago I would of loved to join him. But after going as spectator to Byron 2 years ago, I was very disappointed! Don't get me wrong I still had a great time, but not a single turbo car left on green! And NO one cut a light? That's not racin'? If they had an opponent, many would of been done for the day. To me drag racin' is ya leave a bit before green, ya don't get a week to spool up in hopes that ya catch the turbo spin just right for a great blast (run)! Maybe that's why I don't care for turbo cars so much? A few years back I got into a contest with a super bike, from a roll & we had to stop 250 yards later for a light. But from a roll I clobbered him, as he was fiddlin' with gears (down shift). Then at the light (waited until green, intersection) I put a hole shot on him, buzzed up to 5 over the limit (30 MPH), race over! Oh he did blow by at well over the limit (in town). Yes he could of beat me on an 1/8 (maybe), 1/4 for sure. My point is the quickest car (vehicle) isn't alway the winner. So my conclusion is many of these purpose built cars for Drag Week would NOT do very well in what I call a real drag race! My $.02 cents, Ole' Bob.
Ps: I'll attach one of my favorite pictures, as it proves my point. My ole' work car, 400 HP against 700+HP cat of some kind!

I have to admit that I'm not going for the racing, but rather the cruise with some drag racing involved. Regarding cutting lights and winning the 60' race, I find it much more enjoyable to run down the guy with the non street friendly setup that can get off the line at the 330' mark lol. :):) To me it is the true pleasure of a turbo car - feeling the power hit once it gets traction in 2nd gear.

But to each his own, with no sarcasm intended. Personally, I prefer watch racing that gets me dirty "dirt's for racin' and asphault's for getting there" hehe

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Fellas, it is an incredible road trip and experience. It gets you out of your comfort zone and into a real challenge. You will never spend so much time around like-minded people all working together to meet their goals. It adds an element of reality to all of the media you take in day to day.

Yes, it costs a lot - but it is worth every penny for the memories. Any asshat can go to Disney World.

As for the its not competitive drag racing concerns - well obviously you aren't tracking the bracket racing class.

Additionally, while seeing 6 second cars make Earth-shattering runs (only to be fully rebuilt starting the week after) - it is those 8 and 9 second full interior street cars that are truly impressive - because they don't require anything other than routine maintenance.

I am still a little cheesed I am not going back this year - but, I can still sign up this weekend if I feel froggy.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Fellas, it is an incredible road trip and experience. It gets you out of your comfort zone and into a real challenge. You will never spend so much time around like-minded people all working together to meet their goals. It adds an element of reality to all of the media you take in day to day.

Yes, it costs a lot - but it is worth every penny for the memories. Any asshat can go to Disney World.

As for the its not competitive drag racing concerns - well obviously you aren't tracking the bracket racing class.

Additionally, while seeing 6 second cars make Earth-shattering runs (only to be fully rebuilt starting the week after) - it is those 8 and 9 second full interior street cars that are truly impressive - because they don't require anything other than routine maintenance.

I am still a little cheesed I am not going back this year - but, I can still sign up this weekend if I feel froggy.

I just re-read this - so you're not going? I was hoping to meet you there.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I just re-read this - so you're not going? I was hoping to meet you there.

Negatory, good buddy. First my brother backed out, then I decided I was going to re-invest that DW money into the Monte to get it running sooner, and now work wants to advance my career (so I am off to Staff College and get to learn French).

Why must I be so goal oriented?

• Sad

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Parlez vous Francais - I speak French - you should come and I'll teach you how to tell the pork butcher that his cut sucks.

I used to go by Jacques in another life lol. But tire and racing gas smoke/smell is the universal language!

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Parlez vous Francais - I speak French - you should come and I'll teach you how to tell the pork butcher that his cut sucks.

I used to go by Jacques in another life lol. But tire and racing gas smoke/smell is the universal language!

LOL

I do speak/read/write some - but, the goal is to be fluent (like my wife and kids) because growing up in Toronto didn't help with retention.

Poutine.

• Clever
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor