What is your favourite G Body?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
My ‘80 Supreme finished would be enough for me, collecting is not in the cards.

But….. if money wasn’t an issue a ‘65 GTO post coupe and a ‘68 442 would look good in my dream garage parked next to my Olds.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
I saw a black hurst/olds 442 when I was young and impressionable .
The lightning rods were probably the coolest thing I’d ever seen up to that point in my young life .
I grew up wanting a cutlass ,took a while but I got one

Reactions: 2 users

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Grand National, it's what everyone wanted growing up, but ended up driving VW's in high school. Sux to be poor lol.
That sounds like my situation! I wanted a GN or Turbo T-Type but would've settled for an H/O (seriously cool looking car) but drove a Rabbit GTI that I bought for $500. Even in the mid 90s GNs weren't exactly cheap and H/Os weren't very common.

The hood bump, the wing and the lightning rods were definitely the ultimate in cool. It's just too bad the 307 didn't have the performance to back up the looks.
1983-oldsmobile-442-hurst-olds

Reactions: 4 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
This is tough. Stock or modified ? Ive seen examples of most of these that I woud be VERY happy to own. LOL

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Hmm pretty specific for me. 87 442 with the euro nose and hard top. Has to be white on grey with a 455 swap. Or 1980 Grand Prix with the 400 hard top as well. White on burgandy or black for that one. Either would need to be loaded with AC, PW and PL

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
That sounds like my situation! I wanted a GN or Turbo T-Type but would've settled for an H/O (seriously cool looking car) but drove a Rabbit GTI that I bought for $500. Even in the mid 90s GNs weren't exactly cheap and H/Os weren't very common.

The hood bump, the wing and the lightning rods were definitely the ultimate in cool. It's just too bad the 307 didn't have the performance to back up the looks.
1983-oldsmobile-442-hurst-olds
Yep just like that one , sweet ride man !

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 22, 2017
My dream G Body is right now in the planning stages. I'm seriously considering putting my low-mile '85 Cutlass on a Roadster Shop chassis with LS power and a TKX transmission. I'll have to sell my Corvette to fund this project, but it will be worth it.

Attachments

• 85 Olds-2.jpg
    85 Olds-2.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: 3 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
My dream G Body is right now in the planning stages. I'm seriously considering putting my low-mile '85 Cutlass on a Roadster Shop chassis with LS power and a TKX transmission. I'll have to sell my Corvette to fund this project, but it will be worth it.
Wow, that is very sharp. I love the white color, hard top and rim choice. From an appearance standpoint I would not change a thing. welcome to the forum from West Michigan. Interesting that it’s a Brougham with a hard top.

Oct 22, 2017
Wow, that is very sharp. I love the white color, hard top and rim choice. From an appearance standpoint I would not change a thing. welcome to the forum from West Michigan. Interesting that it’s a Brougham with a hard top.
Thanks. This car has been in my family since new. I has only 65K on it and has never been out in bad weather, always parked in the winter. I special ordered it for my mother without the vinyl top. Its dirty little secret is that it's a 3.8/TH200 car, hence the planned upgrades. I'll keep this car until i'm on the other side of the grass.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor