Dreamin Olds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Do you guys ever find yourself dreaming about your car? Or maybe even cars in general? Me personally, Im not really the dreaming type. I just never seem to have dreams. But on the rare occasion that I do, it is always about me and a car. Last night I had a very long, and detailed dream about my car. Well In my dream, I had accumulated three '84 Hursts. They were all parked outside my house. A friend of mine was at my house, and I was showing him my newly purchased car. We walk inside for a few seconds, and I hear a car start up. I ran outside to see a guy in my new car speeding off down the road. So I hopped in my current Olds, and chased him down on I-10. I was trying to stop the guy, and do as minimal damage to the car as possible. Things got crazy, but i ended up getting both cars safely home.

I woke up and just laughed. I'm 20 years old, and I still dream about cars :lol:

RockSS

Master Mechanic
Oct 24, 2010
Enfield Ct
Hey thats a good dream at least you were able to get the cars back ...I'm sure if that was my dream I would of got destracted and lost both of them LOL :rofl:

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
My cars always seem to be fully restored when I am dreaming.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
[I woke up and just laughed. I'm 20 years old, and I still dream about cars :lol:[/quote]

Im 46 and still dream about my old 66 mustang that I had when I was 16, so its not unusual. I think car guys eat, sleep, and breathe cars so dreaming about them is only natural....and probably therapeudic... :rofl:

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
I sometimes have dreams about me or people I know falling off of tall buildings, and the Golden Gate bridge... Even though I've never been to California. I hate that, those are the worst.

And I have lots of dreams about being a WWII fighter pilot... Sometimes I'm German and sometimes British, it's weird. I mean I'm always in a Spitfire or a German bf/me109 I like those dreams a lot. And I have dreams about driving this sweet BRE Datsun 240z race car, and driving old Porsche 917's (my favorite car dreams are about the 917's), Lotus, Lola, McClarren,Chapparel, prototype race cars, and Ferrari GTO's in the Mille Miglia and other famous European rally's in the 60's and 70's. And driving Penske Camaro's and AAR Barracuda's in the Trans Am series of the 70's. Riding "king" Kenny Roberts TZ350's, TZ700 and TZ750's and Formula 1 Yamaha race bikes from the 70's and 80's.

Explains why I really hate getting out of bed.

The rest of my dreams are complete nonsense of weird events that don't make sense, like I'm in TV shows but the characters are from a different TV show and they're arguing over the catering tray back stage and I have mediate with them. Or I'm just doing something that just is completely off the wall made up by my imagination and is too weird to put into words.

Although all my dreams are weird, because I wasn't even around in the 70's so why do I have dreams of being a race car driver in the 60's and 70's and a pilot in the 40's. Weird.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
kornball426 said:
The rest of my dreams are complete nonsense of weird events that don't make sense,

I usually don't remember very many of mine but this one was absolute craziness, as most usually are anyway. I was on one of those old 2 man railroad carts that had the hand levers except it was just me on it. So anyway, I'm pumping this damn thing faster, and faster. Before long I'm still on the tracks except I'm passing over a giant tar field. Then I start flying while I'm still on the cart and I look down and I see dinosaurs and sh*t! Weird!

I've had dreams about not being able to find my car, car being stolen and finding it in pieces, getting into fights except I can't swing my arms, just plain random events.

redboy504

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2010
New Orleans, LA
ALL THE TIME! But I thought it was just me. LOL Sleeping or even daydreaming. Sometimes I think about driving my Cutlass while I'm driving my other cars. I never even drove the cutlass before.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
redboy504 said:
I never even drove the cutlass before.

When my motor was being built, my cas was down for a a couple months. I would dream about driving it, every other night. I would be driving it, and it felt like I had a blown 455 under the hood. Then I got my little 350 in there, and it wasn't as good as my dream made it out to be. :) :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor