Drive Shaft ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Find out what length shaft you really need and have yours cut. I don't know what RPM's you plan on running up to but please read up on Driveshaft Critical RPM"s - Precision Shaft Technologies has a nice chart on line. I would personally just buy a new shaft with the ends and
size you want. Last one I had done was $250 balanced.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
just a tip for finding someone to shorten your drive shaft call around to any heavy recovery places 98% of them know of someone that does it

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I think by the time you find a REPUTABLE shop that will cut and balance your driveshaft and upgrade the U-joints you could put that money towards a new larger and stronger driveshaft that will be built correctly from the start to handle the added power and future power upgrades (don't kid yourself that you won't) I personally don't think it is worth the effort to put a bunch of money into a 30+ year old factory production driveshaft for a performance application.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor