Driver or passenger side control arm?

E

E84MC

n00b
Jan 10, 2019
Please help... I’m putting my suspension back together and I don’t remember which upper control arm is the driver or passenger side? I ordered a set of umi uppers and they have a curve to them. I think the longer end goes to the front? Thanks! The picture is the driver side.

Attachments

BOXCARS

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
Well, the end link brackets to attach the sway bar would be the front side of the A Arm on each side.

E

E84MC

n00b
Jan 10, 2019
Well, the end link brackets to attach the sway bar would be the front side of the A Arm on each side.
For the upper control arm?

BOXCARS

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
OOps! I can't make out the orientation in your photo, but the longer side of the A-arm would be toward the rear and the shorter side toward the front. In other words, the ball joint would appear more toward the front instead of rearward. Maybe someone can explain it better.

E

E84MC

n00b
Jan 10, 2019
Ok so I was thinking it was the other way around. Thanks for your help, if anyone else can confirm that would be great.

BOXCARS

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
Yes, what I'm saying is that's backward. The ball joint should be toward the front. It's certainly easy to get confused.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes P-S-T Southside Machine Performance UMI Performance

contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor

copyright ©2018 Ripp Technical Services, All Rights Reserved.