Driver side of car sits low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I caught where you did a V-8 conversion in a 78 Chevette. I did a 4.3 V-6 300+ HP swap in a 78 years ago. Did you ever belong to the old Chevette Forum?

Reactions: 1 users

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
I caught where you did a V-8 conversion in a 78 Chevette. I did a 4.3 V-6 300+ HP swap in a 78 years ago. Did you ever belong to the old Chevette Forum?
I was on there, bought my first Chevette around 2006. Just sold my most recent one this summer. Hopefully I never own another.

Chicora Hillbilly

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 20, 2019
My car always looks like the driver side is sitting lower than the passenger side. Finally took some measurements today. Car parked indoors on a level concrete floor, 30psi in all four tires. Measured from floor to highest point of wheel arch. LF=27" RF=27.5", LR=28.5" RR=29"

So I guess the entire driver side is sitting 1/2" lower than the passenger side for some reason. Any idea what's up with that?
I spent quite a bit of time doing a complete frame swap on my El Camino the past 6 months. I never noticed that the replacement frame had 2/3 of the bottom ring broken off the front springs, It became pretty noticeable as soon as I put her on the ground. I planned on working over the front end in the future but went ahead and did the work as the car was going to be driven to my winter storage spot.

Reactions: 1 user

Vern60

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2018
My car always looks like the driver side is sitting lower than the passenger side. Finally took some measurements today. Car parked indoors on a level concrete floor, 30psi in all four tires. Measured from floor to highest point of wheel arch. LF=27" RF=27.5", LR=28.5" RR=29"

So I guess the entire driver side is sitting 1/2" lower than the passenger side for some reason. Any idea what's up with that?
I've always called that the Chevy lean, I have actually seen quite a few Chevys leaning off to the drivers side , my 85 Monte Carlo even after I replaced all the suspension components and there is nothing wrong with body mounts and such but it still leaves half or three quarters of an inch down on the driver side

Attachments

• 20170219_120442.jpg
    20170219_120442.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 115
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor