Driver side window stuck open????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
this has always happened in my cutlass,over the course of this summer,i have gotten very good at taking the door panel off the doors and putting them back on.The reason for taking the door panels off,well simple,it reveals the power window motor,what i do to get them working is i take the blunt end of a screwdriver and wack the motor a couple times (depending on how hard you hit it)usually a couple good taps will get it working.After hitting it,hook the battery up to the car again and with the door panels off try and see if the motor operates and the window rolls up,then after seeing that it operates,put the panel back on .I have done this "trick" many times as said,gets annoying yes,and also look into P/W motors,i found them around $20-$30,have the mechanic replace them or do it yourself.

BlownSmoke

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2009
both of you were very helpful i will hit a few times to see if it works if not then ill drill it out and replace it

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Don't ditch the motor until you test it. Could just be a bad ground, or switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor