Driveshaft HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanceoutlaw

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 14, 2020
Anyone running a tko 5speed with a 9 inch ford rear axle looking for some info on the driveshaft needed any help would be very appreciated

Attachments

• 1963A35F-7918-42F0-86C5-1847EAFC35D3.jpeg
    1963A35F-7918-42F0-86C5-1847EAFC35D3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 124

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
One that is the correct length and works, get one built.
^^^sounds sarcastic, but he is spot on. There is not a predefined length for every transmission and rear end combination. It's relatively obvious if you consider the differences in rear end yokes - there is no way anyone can provide an exact length

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
That and Engine mounts, not all are in the same place. Way too many variables.

I do not advocate the cheap junkyard one that "may work"... spend the money here, it's worth it.

vanceoutlaw

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 14, 2020
^^^sounds sarcastic, but he is spot on. There is not a predefined length for every transmission and rear end combination. It's relatively obvious if you consider the differences in rear end yokes - there is no way anyone can provide an exact length
I have the frame out so I will wait to get the weight of the body back on to get a correct measurement was just trying to save some time I know I will have to wait on having one made thanks for setting me straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor