drop spindles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill let you guys know

In the front I use KYB's that are for lowered S10s

808SS said:
I just instlled a pair of drop spindles into my 88 monte carlo LS. I love the drop but now Im bottom out on the freeway. Any ideas on what could be the problem? I know this car used to be a low-rider so Im think that when they put the back to stock they could be using V6 springs, Also what shocks are you guys using on your lowered G-body and part# would help.
Thanks in advance

I had the same issue on my 88SS after I lowered it with beltech drop spindles. The front tires would hit the top of the wheel well on some dips at highspeed. Didn't do it very often so it really didn't bother me. I was running new bilstein shocks at the time.

joey_schel said:
I've got the belltech nitro drop 2's. Also for s10s, but they give a SOLID ride, i was impressed

I used those for my 94 Impala SS and like it alot. i tried the bilsteins but didnt like it so
im going back with nitro drops

808SS said:
I just instlled a pair of drop spindles into my 88 monte carlo LS. I love the drop but now Im bottom out on the freeway. Any ideas on what could be the problem? I know this car used to be a low-rider so Im think that when they put the back to stock they could be using V6 springs, Also what shocks are you guys using on your lowered G-body and part# would help.
Thanks in advance

i know this is kinda off topic,but you got any pics of it lowered?i been thinkin of lowering my ls a lil 8)

When you lower the car you gotta expect stuff will hit. Sometimes even your own suspension will interfere with itself. The proposed cure usually is to stiffen the ride so you tighten up the suspension travel but at the cost of ride quality. My buddies S10 is literally 3 inches off the ground and it looks cool but it rides like a go cart.

one87lsmonte: Ill post pics when I get off from work. I only did the front
Bonnewagon: As for ride quality its a little to soft for me. My problem is bottoming out on the freeway. Not a good feeling going 65 and you hit a little bump or dip and the next thing you know your engine cross member is slamming against the pavement.
Ill be replacing the shocks and higher rate springs.

Ahhh, high speed bottom out. Know it well. Also called "good shocks, shot springs" syndrome. Rides stiff around town but at highway speeds, the inertia of the car's weight can't be controlled no matter how stiff the shocks are.

here you go
P6210065.jpg

MC5232010005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor