Dumber than I look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks GP 403....ad thanks to Red for asking about it...I leant somethin new today and it's still early..:D

album-image-291.jpg

RedHotRegal

Master Mechanic
Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
There it is! :D I was trying to put that pic in the pic forum. Guess its here know. Got mad after was told that the car wasn't worth $1000. Decided to keep it. Did a burnout be fore putting it away and figured that its not a spun bearing because this would have grenaded the engine. My nephew was on a fishing trip that day and got mad that he missed the burnout so when he came over we tookit to the end of the street and he took the photo. Still runs. think its the flexplate/torque conv./very front of transmission(input shaft/stator) that is making all the noise. 8)

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Argh! New photo album isn't cooperating! :roll: besides had to spend part of the day putting in the new headliner! :D

I'll keep going til it works....

dexter047

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2005
raleigh, nc
RedHotRegal said:
There it is! :D I was trying to put that pic in the pic forum. Guess its here know. Got mad after was told that the car wasn't worth $1000. Decided to keep it. Did a burnout be fore putting it away and figured that its not a spun bearing because this would have grenaded the engine. My nephew was on a fishing trip that day and got mad that he missed the burnout so when he came over we tookit to the end of the street and he took the photo. Still runs. think its the flexplate/torque conv./very front of transmission(input shaft/stator) that is making all the noise. 8)

probably a cracked flexplate. i have cracked them on Buick 3.8's, Chevy small blocks, and Jeep 4.0 motors just to name a few, always sounds like a rod knock.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
red....you can usually find out if it is a rod bearing that spun by killing one spark plug at a time. The cylinder with the bad rod should be alot quieter with the cylinder not firing. Also if you remove the inspection cover for the transmission and unbolt the torque converter you can slide the converter back to give you a view of the flex plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor