dying plastic wheelwells

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Im thinking I should go with the fibergalss. It would be cool to see if I could actually make good looking ones. If I mess it up, oh well just throw them out. I could probably make them look alot cleaner looking then the stock one also.

I have never dealt with fiberglass, so why not try it with this for the first time.

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
If you can find or get steel ones do that and powder coat them its not cheap but powder coat is like a rock it won't come off or fade.If you paint or dye them its gonna take many coats and one rock chip will make you made.Also its a wheel well its gonna get dirty fast you really want to clean them a lot.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
andrewmp6 said:
If you can find or get steel ones do that and powder coat them its not cheap but powder coat is like a rock it won't come off or fade.If you paint or dye them its gonna take many coats and one rock chip will make you made.Also its a wheel well its gonna get dirty fast you really want to clean them a lot.

I know they will get dirty fast, but I just loved how they looked on the older cutlasses, so it will be worth it!! :D

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
andrewmp6 said:

I know they will get dirty fast, but I just loved how they looked on the older cutlasses, so it will be worth it!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor