Dyno testing exhaust

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Well it turns out my neighbor/coworker who lives right down the street from me has a dyno so I'm going to get the answer to the question everyone has pondered for decades; how much horsepower will a stock 260 make with pellet style converter vs a modern converter. I'm going to do a before and after.

Yes, soon we will all be enlightend and with our newfound knowledge there is no telling what heights we may achieve....

Honestly if even get 5 hp at the wheels I'd be happy...😅

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Well it turns out my neighbor/coworker who lives right down the street from me has a dyno so I'm going to get the answer to the question everyone has pondered for decades; how much horsepower will a stock 260 make with pellet style converter vs a modern converter. I'm going to do a before and after.

Yes, soon we will all be enlightend and with our newfound knowledge there is no telling what heights we may achieve....

Honestly if even get 5 hp at the wheels I'd be happy...😅
run it with a straight pipe too please.

Reactions: 1 user

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I'm only getting 2 pulls ( free ) and unfortunately don't have a straight pipe. If he feels generous maybe he'll find something laying around and do a 3rd pull 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm only getting 2 pulls ( free ) and unfortunately don't have a straight pipe. If he feels generous maybe he'll find something laying around and do a 3rd pull 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not enough pulls to know if any difference is due to the cat or just variance between pulls. My car always takes a few pulls to stabilize.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Not enough pulls to know if any difference is due to the cat or just variance between pulls. My car always takes a few pulls to stabilize.
Well you know it is what it is 🤷🏻‍♂️. I got a new cat ( came with car ), he has dyno, so we're gonna just have some fun and whatever the results are. Maybe he'll throw in some extra pulls 🙂

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Well you know it is what it is 🤷🏻‍♂️. I got a new cat ( came with car ), he has dyno, so we're gonna just have some fun and whatever the results are. Maybe he'll throw in some extra pulls 🙂

That's cool and all, I just wouldn't put any stock in the hp numbers that come out of it if you truly only do 2 pulls. I can have as much as 10ft/lb and 7ish hp difference from the first pull to the 4-5th. After that the car becomes very repeatable, so me and the Dyno operator just make pulls until the car levels off and then decide what to do to certify the thing for the year.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Have fun. Basically if it doesn’t show a massive change you’ve proven that the cat change isn’t the place to look for power. I think you’ll see some based on the old one being clogged and flowing poorly.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor