E-Brake cable help

Status
Not open for further replies.

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
i am redoing the entire rear brake setup on my 83 and 81 wagons. both cars have brand new backing plates all new pads,hardware,drums and cables. my issue is removing the front brake cable from the e-brake pedal . how do you remove this cable from inside the fender/firewall area?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Ed,
You'll have to remove the plastic fender liner to gain further access. It's been awhile since I replaced the cable on mine. I think I may have also used a vise-grip to pull the cable sheathing through.

Chuckles87blue

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 13, 2013
Michigan
The easiest way to remove the cable is to un hook the inner cable and then take a hose clamp and put it over the spring finger on the end of the housing until it bottoms out then tighten the clamp enough to push the housing through the hole in the floor. You then have to do the same thing on the frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor