e brake cable routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

80_lemans

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 23, 2015
hello all, well I'm almsost done with the chassis on my lemans rebuild and the last big thing to do is route the e brake cables and set up the rear drums. I took everything apart almost 2 years ago and need a refresher on how they go. does anybody have pics of their e brake setup? If somebody would be so kind as to post pics that would be awesome and would save me a pointless trip to the junkyard on one of my precious few days off. Thanks!

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
hello all, well I'm almsost done with the chassis on my lemans rebuild and the last big thing to do is route the e brake cables and set up the rear drums. I took everything apart almost 2 years ago and need a refresher on how they go. does anybody have pics of their e brake setup? If somebody would be so kind as to post pics that would be awesome and would save me a pointless trip to the junkyard on one of my precious few days off. Thanks!
Not the best photography, but here's a few to start from. The passenger side cable goes on the bottom, routes up over the differential, where a single 13mm bolt goes into the frame crossover. The passenger side cable goes all the way up to the mid-cable near the trans crossmember. It's held in position by sn S-hook that goes into the frame rail.

Attachments

• DSCN3923.JPG
    DSCN3923.JPG
    406.5 KB · Views: 5,285
  • DSCN3924.JPG
    DSCN3924.JPG
    356.8 KB · Views: 1,754
  • DSCN3925.JPG
    DSCN3925.JPG
    366.1 KB · Views: 3,041
  • DSCN3926.JPG
    DSCN3926.JPG
    390.5 KB · Views: 1,744
  • DSCN3930.JPG
    DSCN3930.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 1,525
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor