BUILD THREAD E-Vette - 86 Monte SS w/95 Corvette engine and trans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Buddha

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2018
Moira, New York
Decided on a single pipe intake for now.... Their is just not very much room up front....

I have a huge pile of parts for this car now...
Been working on lists and checking them twice... I hate sending stuff back...

I still have a full Detroit Speed kit to install,
Dakota digital dash and goodies..

I hope it will be ready for the road this spring..

My question to the Community..

Should I add aftermarket coolers,, Power steering, trans and oil?

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
A trans cooler is always a good addition as it keeps the trans fluid separate from trying to cool in the radiator next to the coolant. Oil and PS coolers aren't necessary unless you plan on road racing and need the fluid to cool down faster than normal.
I'd recommend using a good power steering fluid such as royal purple.

Reactions: 1 users

Darth Buddha

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2018
Moira, New York
I know my old corvette had a power steering cooler, was not sure if it was needed..
I upgraded the steering box on the monte while the engine was out.

I posted the radiator I was using on the build... would you install the transmission cooler in seperate or serial.

Darth Buddha

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2018
Moira, New York
Almost done installing all my parts except the suspension kit...

Starting to look into my options for brakes...

Figured I would ask the community...

Can you install C4 corvette brakes on the front and back? I kept the front and rear brakes off of my 1995 corvette...

I know if I wanted to reuse my rims,, I would need a spacer..

I kept the after market 18" rims . 275/ 40 tires I think all around...

Also installing speakers now .

Current plan is a pair of 4" alpine 2 way.. In the dash And on the pillar behind the small window in the back..