Ebay crossmembers

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The cheapest way would probably be cut out a notch on the driver's side of your factory crossmember and weld in metal to reinforce it..
Plus you know it already fits your car without other modifications
I agree. I was told to do it this way over 30 yrs ago from the guys at the local speed shop. There were no fancy X-members available back then.
That's what's in my car now. I do have an extremely well made Iceman X-member awaiting the 200-4R installation.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
The cheapest way would probably be cut out a notch on the driver's side of your factory crossmember and weld in metal to reinforce it..
Plus you know it already fits your car without other modifications
Can confirm- My El Camino came with that modification, although it was done poorly and the crossmember flexed prior to me fixing it. Some thick bar stock is advised as opposed to rebar.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I had the Jeg's crossmember when I had my TH350 in the car and was very happy with it but switched to the Summit copy of the G-Force crossmember when the TH400 went in. I am very happy with that one as well.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
My cutlass has the g force th350 and it fits great. My monte has the jegs th350 and its fit is horrible. Had to use 5/16 bolt to install as the holes dont line up enough for 3/8 and the humps are small and dont line up with my headers

Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
The G-Force/G-Force copy does allow for bigger and better exhaust placement.

• Agree

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
My monte has the Jegs th350 and its fit is horrible. Had to use 5/16 bolt to install as the holes don't line up enough for 3/8 and the humps are small and don't line up with my headers
I just used offset header extensions on my Regal, worked fine and lined up with my existing exhaust.
hed-18715_xr_xl.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
My cutlass has the g force th350 and it fits great. My monte has the jegs th350 and its fit is horrible. Had to use 5/16 bolt to install as the holes dont line up enough for 3/8 and the humps are small and dont line up with my headers
When I used the Jegs TH350 originally on my frame I was able to use 3/8" bolts but had the slight clearance issue with the Pypes kit, '70's A/B/F manifolds, cats & Flowmaster down pipes. Even the new one I get for Jr.'s car can use 3/8" bolts. Now with the G Force TH350 I had to do a slight angle adjustment on how the down pipe/cat combo runs on the passenger side. Now I'm guessing I shouldn't have this issue on Jr.'s car using the Jegs kit, stock manifolds with Pypes down pipes & the cats.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor