ebay headers-any good??? coated or stainless

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
st-jean baptiste ,quebec,
with vortec heads ,you are limited to around .480-.500 lift ...
very easy to get .100 cut off the top of the valve guides to gain more clearance ....

I have a set of 062 vortec heads that I shaved .100 off the top of the guides without any negative issue ....

they flow around 185 cfm stock ..very good heads for the buck $$$

I did a 350 with those and the apropriate edelbrock rpm intake with a comp cam of .520 lift & 244 dur @.050 lift got 431HP with 1 5/8 headers

i will never say that it is not worth spending more money for quality headers of either better material or bigger tubes ...it is just that at a certain point ,unless you are looking for every ounce of HP it's not always worth it ....

take my case: second gen LT1 with lots of performance mods on it .
but i'm going for mid length (down the firewall) because the car is dropped 2" and i'd rather loose 5-10 hp because i dont have full length , then to scrape the flanges on the pavement and loose 30Hp because the bottom tubes are squished!.... and the headers i have fitted there without any banging at all! quite rare

Dan

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
bigdan said:
take my case: second gen LT1 with lots of performance mods on it .
but i'm going for mid length (down the firewall) because the car is dropped 2" and i'd rather loose 5-10 hp because i dont have full length , then to scrape the flanges on the pavement and loose 30Hp because the bottom tubes are squished!.... and the headers i have fitted there without any banging at all! quite rare

Dan

i also forgot to mention that the car has air ride on it, it hugs the ground right now when its dropped. the exhaust with shorty headers never once scraped. i have been considering switching back to performance springs but either way she is going to be low. so i guess maybe thats something to consider. i guess i posted this topic to figure out if this ebay header is a decent quality piece but i think it has turned into a header style and size arguement.....

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
st-jean baptiste ,quebec,
personnaly , I bougth 3 sets of headers for different cars on e bay ....

always been satisfied with my purchases ....

one set was for my integra GSR ......stainless: good quality !

the one i just bougth for my cutlass is cheaper ( black painted semi length) but looks great in quality and I paid $79.00

Yeah,this post turned into a headers debate ....

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor