eBay twin turbo kits sbc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavydutypete

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2015
Alberta
Has anyone out there tried one of these twin turbo kits off of eBay? I was wondering about the reliability of these kits and if anyone has ever had any luck with getting one to work on a carbureted setup with a specific blow through carb and supporting fuel pump, and boost referenced fuel regulator? Any ideas would be helpful,... I'm not looking to do this swap anytime soon just tryin to do some research/ homework before I spend my $$$

Thanks in advance!
Pete

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I have heard a lot of both sides on these. Some people swear by them and some reiterate the "get what you pay for". I find that the latter usually have never had firsthand experience with them though. If you are looking for quick power then I would start somewhere else like heads, cam, intake, valve train, and exhaust. What engine do you have right now?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

Heavydutypete

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2015
Alberta
I have heard a lot of both sides on these. Some people swear by them and some reiterate the "get what you pay for". I find that the latter usually have never had firsthand experience with them though. If you are looking for quick power then I would start somewhere else like heads, cam, intake, valve train, and exhaust. What engine do you have right now?
I currently have a 383 stroker 10:1 edelbrock performer rpm heads,air gap intake Holley 750 mechanical secondaries and what I would like to do is possibly freshen up the bottom end of this motor and sell off what parts I don't need and eventually end up with a 383/388 stoker somewhere in the 8:1 under 9:1 compression and try one of these turbo kits not gonna really try for hight end boost probably something realistic possibly in the 8-12 psi range and yeah I hear ya about the get what you pay for and I was still looking to spend around 1500-1800 kit

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated

Thanks
Has anyone out there tried one of these twin turbo kits off of eBay? I was wondering about the reliability of these kits and if anyone has ever had any luck with getting one to work on a carbureted setup with a specific blow through carb and supporting fuel pump, and boost referenced fuel regulator? Any ideas would be helpful,... I'm not looking to do this swap anytime soon just tryin to do some research/ homework before I spend my $$$

Thanks in advance!
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor