Ecklers Chevelle Hoods???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Don't want to hijack a thread (does look like the OP got his), but .... What brand is yours? I've read where people with some brand(s) had to trim the edge at the windshield end, supposedly they were designed that way.
I used a Harwood bolt on back in 2001 on my Monte & had to trim the back edge to be able to the wipers. Other than that it fit perfectly. Didn't care much for having to use a prop rod.

malibujustin

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2017
I checked hood today...it has no name on it that I can find. It is a bolt on fiberglass and stays up great by itself and clears everything great. As far as trimming I don't know, was on car when I bought it. If they trimmed it they done a good job.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Any update on the AMD hood?

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
Any update on the AMD hood?
Sorry started a new thread, no pics up yet (hate uploading to photbucket) lol.
Besides the alignment issues (not a big deal) imo the hood is of really good quality. I have had my fair share of aftermarket hoods both fiberglass and metal. This one ranks at the top, all the bolts/screws lined right up, underside looks like a factory hood and just feels like a good quality hood.
Packaged very well and well protected compared to other hoods I have ordered. Looks like it will be minimal prep when I get it painted.

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/help-adjusting-a-hood.63669/#post-558143

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor