Edelbrock 2701 EPS

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Thats exactly what im using... it was on the intake already when i got the car.

No issues so far, works as designed, using two felpro open square gaskets sandwiched in between... now, if i had brand new 750cfm quadrajet to try out, that would be just dandly, my greatest fear is bricking my 700R4, it would have to have to have the specific OD throttle base plate, many are using for the TH350 tranmissions only.

TBH... the last time i messed with a quadrajet, was when i had a 1978 trans-am(400cid/th350) back in the mid 80s when i was in high school, i didnt know anything about tuning them then, i dont know about working with them, much less tuning them now.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Thats exactly what im using... it was on the intake already when i got the car.

No issues so far, works as designed, using two felpro open square gaskets sandwiched in between... now, if i had brand new 750cfm quadrajet to try out, that would be just dandly, my greatest fear is bricking my 700R4, it would have to have to have the specific OD throttle base plate, many are using for the TH350 tranmissions only.

TBH... the last time i messed with a quadrajet, was when i had a 1978 trans-am(400cid/th350) back in the mid 80s when i was in high school, i didnt know anything about tuning them then, i dont know about working with them, much less tuning them now.

The big thing to know about Qjets is that they are very application specific carbs. If you have the wrong Qjet for your application you probably won't be able to tune it in.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Seeing how quadrajetts are more specific in use, thats why i prefer using a holley carburetor.... more universal when it comes to tuning, oh, and a good WB 02 to help tune the carb/enging more correctly.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The big thing on the late 70's Qjets, which work fine with OD transmissions, same linkage as CCC carbs and most are 800 cfm, is the idle circuits. They need passages enlarged and idle channel tubes from someone like Cliff Ruggles for you application. My 78 800 cfm 403 Qjet needs about 1.5 turns out on mixture screws or it starts getting very rich on the wide band, currently 13's to low 14's. I also put in 73 jets, Cliff's 44 rods, orange spring and notched the APT and added a thread plug in the air horn. I can change the part throttle air fuel ratio in 5 minutes with a small flat screwdriver and you need much movement according to the wideband, currently high 14's to mid 15's. Off the course the secondary side was very easy as well, saw 11.5 to 1, swapping metering rods, 12.5 to 1. The Qjet is very tunable, if built right.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor