efi vs carb

Status
Not open for further replies.

fly1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2011
I'm sure this has been asked several times. But I was checking out the ez fast efi system and I'm kinda considering using it. It cost more won't give me any significant gains in power. But I don't have to make any adjustment except the initial adjustment. Idle is much better, its good for 600 HP. Im looking at 550 HP. And its better with different angles. So I'd like to hear what you guys think. Or a custom built q jet

id love to have one down the road. but 2k is no joke

In reality you probably would have to make more than the initial adjustment. Unless you plan to use turbos or something down the road bang for the buck a pro build & setup to your car Q-jet. Some shops charge good money for this others do a professional job for cheap.

I looked into the EZ EFI kits myself. They look real nice, and simple to install. I would like having my car fire up everytime I hit the key. I even watched the video on the website where the guy hooks it up, and programs the system ina couple of minutes. Everything was looking really nice untill I looked on summit and saw the price. I could buy another car for $2000! So my $250 quadrajet will have to keep me going for now. I mean I might consider it for closer to a thousand. Hopefully it will drop in price one day.

hands down EFI is better than carb, though there is no real power advantage. so the only real call, on a good EFI system, is do you have the money to spend?
one thing to keep in mind, if you change anything on the engine, its much easier to retune EFI, than mix and match a carb.
personally, once i have the money, i'm getting EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor