El Jefe is getting an El Esse!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
After tearing it apart, it appears to have been from a 76-80 Wagoneer, Stretched in the middle about 9-12" And, I found out why it barely ran..... oil pan had some exit wounds hidden behind the motor mounts
Sold the Engine, Trans .Transfer case, and cross member and Radiator to one goy, Wheels/ tires to another, and Axles to a third lucky contestant

Cool, thanks! The only frame I think works with the least mods is an S10 regular cab long bed. The wheelbase is close.

I always thought it would be cool to get one and do a 4wd elky with a close to stock stance.

Kratos

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2017
Central Pa
Cool, thanks! The only frame I think works with the least mods is an S10 regular cab long bed. The wheelbase is close.

I always thought it would be cool to get one and do a 4wd elky with a close to stock stance.
the 88-98 4 door Yukons and Tahoes are really close as well, like 1/4 difference

Reactions: 1 user

Kratos

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2017
Central Pa
Set the engine in the Chassis, but my Clamshells do not seem to be correct. If one bolt is through the Motor mount, the other side is about an inch high, and an inch wide. Might be truck clamshells?

I also scored some offshore Stainless Steel headers that are going to fit And a new in the box B&M Torque converter.
I have also put in a radiator with Malibu LS ( 2005?) Dual fans
ANd... along the way I scored an Aluminum Rad support ( From a Buick Sportwagon?) but it is bent so i am going to try to unbend it

1677545580673.png

1677545264481.png

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Could be truck clamshells, see if you can find a car set that you can confirm is from a car and mock them up.

I have the clamshells off my original 305 with $30 ebay adapter plates and my LS setups dropped right in.

Reactions: 2 users

Kratos

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2017
Central Pa
Could be truck clamshells, see if you can find a car set that you can confirm is from a car and mock them up.

I have the clamshells off my original 305 with $30 ebay adapter plates and my LS setups dropped right in.
Thanks, I was thinking the same thing. Can't find a part number on them, so....the search is on to find verified car clamshells. I do have the ICT Adapter plates, so I am optimistic

Kratos

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2017
Central Pa
Thanks, I was thinking the same thing. Can't find a part number on them, so....the search is on to find verified car clamshells. I do have the ICT Adapter plates, so I am optimistic
I Scored a pair of car clamshells today/ Progress will resume next weekend!

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I used F body clamshells from UMI to give me more header clearance. Worked great. Here's a link to them.

Reactions: 1 users

Kratos

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2017
Central Pa
I used F body clamshells from UMI to give me more header clearance. Worked great. Here's a link to them.

I came across a G body Cutlass with a SBC in the pick n pull. All things considered time and labor, I probably would have broke even. I am also thinking about swapping in a sloppy 2 cam

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Won't hurt, decent choice too. Make sure to change the valve springs, and get an original, cam. Not one of the Chinese copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor