electric pop trunk solenoid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

87luxsprt

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2012
POMONA
just wondering if u guys know how to wire this bad boy. i just got it off ebay but i have no way of testing it. also can someone tell me how to go about installing it... thanks. i know it needs a trigger switch but it only has one wire so were does it ground itself. :?:

Attachments

• IMG_20130521_200715.jpg
    IMG_20130521_200715.jpg
    792.1 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_20130521_200707.jpg
    IMG_20130521_200707.jpg
    786 KB · Views: 571

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
It grounds through itself and the trunk. Make sure metal clean around the mounting hole on both solenoid and the trunk. The wire goes to a momentary switch and it needs to be a heavy gauge, pulls some decent current.

87luxsprt

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2012
POMONA
CWPottenger said:
It grounds through itself and the trunk. Make sure metal clean around the mounting hole on both solenoid and the trunk. The wire goes to a momentary switch and it needs to be a heavy gauge, pulls some decent current.

awesome. thanks for the info. i have just the power wire for it at work will post pictures wednesday .

redboy504

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2010
New Orleans, LA
If you want to test it use jumper cables. Clamp the negative to the body of the solenoid and touch the positive to the wire. Or you could use a piece of wire. Just connect it the same.

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
I`ve got a couple of the buttons if you need one. Shoot me a pm and I`ll get you a shipping price
deanlemans81

rocketengine

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 29, 2013
I usually install the trunk lock and run the wire up the conduit on the passenger side. Once you get the wire up into the glove box area, there are several large hot wires that can be used as a power source. I usually tap into the cigarette lighter wire. If you have power door locks, a remote entry system makes a nice addition. They are available on eBay for $20 or less. It is nice to be able to unlock the doors and trunk with the click of a button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor