Electrical Glitches

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Went to drive the wagon the other night and had a few little electrical issues.
First the fuel gauge was bouncing back and forth for at least 5-10 minutes. It seemed to stop after driving it for a couple of miles.
Second issue was the fan. No matter what speed theres not much air moving. Hardly anything. Seems like the fan motor is only blowing on low. Could these things be from a grounding issue ?

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
If your fans are like my Intrepid fans, that does sound like a bad ground. If you take a ground away, my fans run on one coil, give them a second ground and they run on 2.
Motors should share a common ground but a separate positive, each fan has its own positive lead, so one for left and one for right.

The fuel gauge sounds like a rear ground, or the sender is going bad. Check your ground on your rear harness in the trunk and at the tank to the trunk floor braces.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
If your fans are like my Intrepid fans, that does sound like a bad ground. If you take a ground away, my fans run on one coil, give them a second ground and they run on 2.
Motors should share a common ground but a separate positive, each fan has its own positive lead, so one for left and one for right.

The fuel gauge sounds like a rear ground, or the sender is going bad. Check your ground on your rear harness in the trunk and at the tank to the trunk floor braces.
Not a cooling fan. Its the heat/AC fan.
I'll take a look at the grounds at the back for the sender. Its a wagon not the coupe. Thanks for the reply !

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor