Engine and transmission Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup if dad's transmission is 700r-4 & rear is a 7.5, then it will be perfect, use his driveshaft and crossmember

200c crossmember will not work
200c driveshaft wil need to be cut to use

I asked about rear, because if his rear is an 8.5 with 700r-4 the driveshaft would be too short for you to use with 700r-4 and 7.5 rear

Save your self some grief, frustration, cash, time, keep the TBI and get a good 200-4R as it will bolt up to your engine, fit your existing driveshaft & rear without cutting balancing new parts etc etc.

dogshit said:
Save your self some grief, frustration, cash, time, keep the TBI and get a good 200-4R as it will bolt up to your engine, fit your existing driveshaft & rear without cutting balancing new parts etc etc.
QFT
If this is your first swap, best keep it simple as possible.

I'd like to see a picture of your single-injector TBI unit on the 4.3, that just sounds odd to me... only single-barrel TBI units I've seen have been on 4-cylinder cars and Crossfire-injected motors that showed up in some 3rd gen. F-Bodies & C4 Corvettes.

Yeah my car is an odd one, im one of the ones rolling around with no factory air conditioning as well. Ill take a picture of the injector. But someone has got to show me how you post pictures. i wanna show everyone what 3 winters has done to my beautiful luxury sport. Its safe to call it in fair shape nothing more nothing less.

Well I just found out today that my car actually does have the same throttle body set up so I am going to leave it throttle body. My next question is do I Need my dads wiring harness from his 350 as well as his computer or do i keep the wiring harness from my car and computer and use that instead? I know that the computers are on these cars are extremely primitive anyway so does anyone know? Also is there any real benefit ill get by eventually getting the throttle body ported or intake ported, waht sorts of horsepower gains will I see? I know that you have to run premium gas they say as well

I just uploaded some pictures of my car, engine and what my car looked like 3 years ago before the salt blast got to it so look er up and tell me what you think. I still say its in fair shape

Get the computer and throttle body with the 350, the injectors are a different size, but I believe the throttle body bores are the same. Get as much of the harness as you can, if not all of it. Odds are a few sensors may be a little different connector wise, so you may have to splice a couple different connectors. Also go to FullSizeChevy.com, ThirdGen.org, there is a lot of info on both sites about building TBI engines.

Where did you get the idea you need to run premium? You don't need that unless cylinder pressures are too high and the motor pings. Far as a ported intake/throttle body, you'll see better gains by changing heads first, there is a direct replacement intake for running TBI on Vortec heads. That alone would be your best budget upgrade, because if you change the cam you may have driveability issues and will have to have a custom chip burned.

OK cool, well show me what and where the direct replacement intake is at? Id like to take a good luck at it if ill get some small to significant horsepower enhancements. Idk, my friend told me id have to run premium or else id end up blowing a hole in my cyllinder head he said or the piston.

Attachments

• DSCN5095.JPG
    DSCN5095.JPG
    403.6 KB · Views: 81
What reason did he give? You don't need premium for a basically stock motor. Mine makes ~375hp and I still run 87 :roll: Honestly if it doesn't knock and you're running a higher octane than required, you're not making as much power. It's negligible (not enough that you'll ever feel), but it's still the case. The fastest you can burn gas on the power stroke without pre-detonation or pinging is where you'll make the most power, always.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-12496821/
http://sdparts.com/details/gm-performan ... s/12496821

did ya get a chance to look at my car, yeah i know its in need of some decent work, nothin that cant be fixed though. and Idk he just said once you start porting engine parts you have to run premium gas.

Attachments

• IMG_0663.JPG
    IMG_0663.JPG
    443.6 KB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor