engine and transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
X2 on a 400 or 350 still. OD transmissions are more expensive, but if you are going to traveling on the interstate or highways allot, or go on the power tour the OD is a must. or if you want to be a real big high roller you can get the 400 and go with one of them California overdrives, them thing are the ticket! :lol:

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
[/quote]If it is shifting soft, then you might want to adjust the t.v. cable. A mis-adjusted one will cause soft shifts and cause a slow painful death.[/quote]

Actually, I have had lots of problems getting the tv cable adjusted but I think I got it right right now. I'm useing the 4.3 cable and transmission and the only throttle bracket I've been able to find that works is off a 4x4 chevy vortech and whatever transmission they had. I've been trying to find one off a 305 with a 200r4 but around here in the yards everyone buys them up and turns them into race cars. 1st to 2nd shift solid while 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th are soft. And it only downshifts manually. Probably all bracket do you think??? Sorry guys, not trying to steal a thread here.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Q Jet, the bracket was of a fuel inj (of coarse) vortech. But the car had fuel injection origanally.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
83cutlasssedan: where are you located? my brother has a complete olds 350 in storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor