Engine compartment bolts

Trader history (0)

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Before I attempt to restore the ones I already have I figured I'd ask here first;

Car is 78 Cutlass.

I'm looking for the green bolts that hold the radiator top plate and 2 core support brackets on. Also need the larger blue ones that hold the fender braces and hood latch.

I'm looking for ones that are mint/near mint.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
1709337311784.jpeg
i have the nut w/green plastic inserts that are used to bolt in the master cyl to the booster. Interested?

Reactions: 1 user

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
No thanks that's not what I'm looking for.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Have good supply of desert hardware. From various '78 up A/G cars. Not all galled up and heavily rusted. Southern NM location.
Mine are in good shape. You can still see the paint on them but there's your typical surface rust on them. I'm going to clean them up and repaint them unless I can find some that are already in near new condition.

I need the bolts for the hood latch, radiator top plate, and fender braces.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
I can see what's down here but NewMexGuy if all bagged up would be the way to go. Not sure, but I think some of the bolts were electrostatic coated, not so much paint. If you can paint and get the fit and finish you are looking for, much more cost effective.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Yes they definitely seem to not have been painted, at least not in the traditional sense.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Depending what you have in your area, I like the Krylon better than the Rustoleum. I have had too many issues with Rustoleum reacting negatively, orange peel, fish eyes and other issues.

Every time I do a build I do the whole engine bay. There is nothing worse than to put a fresh built and painted engine in a dirty bay. Every bolt, engine mount, fender, firewall, cable, loom, etc... Get cleaned and painted if needed. So used a lot of Rustoleum black in the past, but now switched. Been much happier with the Krylon, plus seems to hold its color better than other paints.

Last edited:

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I may have to try Krylon again- I switched to Rustoleum years ago and never looked back. I will admit that I haven't been happy with them for a while though, mostly just the tips.

Does anyone know the absolute correct color for the aforementioned bolts? I'm assuming the blue is just GM Blue but I didn't know I was supposed to have green ones as well. Perhaps I can find the correct powder coat, which would be much better than paint.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor