Engine run-on with sniper efi

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I bought the Delco 213-198 coolant temperature sensor, and sure enough it was at Oreilly for $23.99. I'm trying to avoid paying the money for Holley branded sensors. This one & the oil pressure sensor. Holley wants $140 for the oil pressure sensor. Reading the EFI forums, guys have also said the Delco D1846A / 12616646 oil pressure sensor for $30 plugs directly into the Sniper wiring harness, and it's a .5 - 4.5 volt sensor, so it's compatible. I can use that $110 somewhere else... BUT, most important... if guys are seeing a discrepancy with the Holley sensors, I want what works, and I will buy that regardless of the cost.

Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm not 100% sure what your are talking about. The MAT is built into the sniper unit itself . The coolant sender holley sends is 20° off actual temp. I was letting him know to test the coolant temp sensor and replace before start up if not in spec of the MAT.
Obviously neither am I lol. I was unaware that a Sniper has a built in MAT sensor. So that means you can disregard my last transmission (eek).

And I'm with James about Holley sensors, injectors, pumps, etc. other than the ECU. They charge too much for the attaching parts IMO, especially considering that their sensors, injectors, etc are another brand with a Holley label.

I was asking before about sharing a GCF. On your touchscreen you should be able to click the 'Home' button and get to tap on an icon that is labelled HW/FW ____. Once you do that you will have an option to save or load a file to and from the SD card. If you save it to the SD card, then you can attach it here or email it from your computer. If you modify it on your computer and save it to a different name, then you can load it as a test file and still have the one took out - in case your test file has issues.

No matter - sorry about the MAT confusion.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

Slowpoke86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 28, 2019
South Florida
For a MAT sensor you ought to use an open air temp sensor.

The normal Delco 213-928 is for coolant or oil. It will work =, but the heat soak will hurt on hot start ups if it's anywhere above the intake.
I'm not 100% sure what your are talking about. The MAT is built into the sniper unit itself . The coolant sender holley sends is 20° off actual temp. I was letting him know to test the coolant temp sensor and replace before start up if not in spec of the MAT
I bought the Delco 213-198 coolant temperature sensor, and sure enough it was at Oreilly for $23.99. I'm trying to avoid paying the money for Holley branded sensors. This one & the oil pressure sensor. Holley wants $140 for the oil pressure sensor. Reading the EFI forums, guys have also said the Delco D1846A / 12616646 oil pressure sensor for $30 plugs directly into the Sniper wiring harness, and it's a .5 - 4.5 volt sensor, so it's compatible. I can use that $110 somewhere else... BUT, most important... if guys are seeing a discrepancy with the Holley sensors, I want what works, and I will buy that regardless

Obviously neither am I lol. I was unaware that a Sniper has a built in MAT sensor. So that means you can disregard my last transmission (eek).

And I'm with James about Holley sensors, injectors, pumps, etc. other than the ECU. They charge too much for the attaching parts IMO, especially considering that their sensors, injectors, etc are another brand with a Holley label.

I was asking before about sharing a GCF. On your touchscreen you should be able to click the 'Home' button and get to tap on an icon that is labelled HW/FW ____. Once you do that you will have an option to save or load a file to and from the SD card. If you save it to the SD card, then you can attach it here or email it from your computer. If you modify it on your computer and save it to a different name, then you can load it as a test file and still have the one took out - in case your test file has issues.

No matter - sorry about the MAT confusion.
No worries about the confusion lol. We are all learning something new as we go. I know what you're saying about the GCF now I just havent got around to it . Everytime I get some free time it starts pouring down rain. South Florida bipolar summer weather is back lol

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor