Engine running rough.... help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I just bought an aluminum flex fan. That's all they had at Canadian Tire, and they were the only place open. And I had a lot of running around to do last night, so I needed a fan fast lol.

I like the plastic flex fan I had on it. This was the third car I had put one on. And I never had a problem with them. This is my first aluminum one. It should do the job, I only have a stock 305 in the car. But I plan to upgrade to an electric fan in the spring.

soba_03

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 28, 2008
Louisville Kentucky
Suggestion

Although you probally did in fact find the problem. Before you put the new fan on it and head out on the next road trip. Make sure that you didn't bust a motor mount causing the engine to roll in the motor compartment and cause the fan to contact the shroud and that is the cause of the blades being missing. Just a thought hate to see you change the fan with a new one only to have it get beat up by the fan shroud next time you step down on the gas.

yourownself

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2008
stoughton, ma
Phoenyx said:
I just bought an aluminum flex fan.

This is my first aluminum one.

watch your fingers!
it took me a little while to train myself to stop putting my fingers on the fan shroud when i lean over the hood, and my fingernails paid the price a few times! :oops:

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Re: Suggestion

soba_03 said:
Although you probally did in fact find the problem. Before you put the new fan on it and head out on the next road trip. Make sure that you didn't bust a motor mount causing the engine to roll in the motor compartment and cause the fan to contact the shroud and that is the cause of the blades being missing. Just a thought hate to see you change the fan with a new one only to have it get beat up by the fan shroud next time you step down on the gas.

Yup, that was one of the first things I checked. I busted a mount on an old mustang winter beater I had years ago. Was kinda scary to see that little 302 jumping around the engine bay lol.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
yourownself said:
watch your fingers!
it took me a little while to train myself to stop putting my fingers on the fan shroud when i lean over the hood, and my fingernails paid the price a few times! :oops:

All I can say is ouch lol.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
yourownself said:
my fingernails paid the price a few times! :oops:

you're lucky it was your fingernail, my whole finger got pretty messed up thanks to the damn fan ha watch yourselves

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I remember my brother had his thumb get hit by one. Right on the nail. Of course it turn black and fell off. This was over 20 years ago. To this day, he still has a little 'dent' on his thumbnail where the fan hit.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
haha i have a massive gap between my fingers and the fear of doing it again, i am VERY careful now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor