engine swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2015
I know this have been covered before, but I'm new to forum. I have a 84 cutlass with a 3.8 and what to swap to a 5.3 chevy engine. What year engine and Trans will fix without a lot of modification besides motor mounts and bracket change. Any advice will help

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
The 5.3 engine you'd like is far from an easy swap at a novice level. You have to address the mounts, electrical, fuel system, etc. I'd advise you to read up on an LS swap in a g-body to see if it's something you want to tackle.

If you have a Buick 3.8, the easiest route is a Buick 350 if you can find a running one for a good price.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
As G-Body_Vet has pointed out, its not necessarily a swap for someone without some experience. If you want to do the LS engine swap, there is plenty of info here, and on other G body sites. There is a thread on ls1tech.com about a new line of G body LS engine swap parts that has been developed by Hooker in the States. Hope this helps.

Jan 14, 2015
Thks for the info. I already have two 5.3 motor, that the reason for that swap. I will look up the more info on the site. Thks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor