Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Another uneventful week. Excavation is done to this point provided it gets the A-OK from the soil engineer. Was hoping to have results back today but never heard from the contractor. If things keep going as scheduled we should have some concrete poured week after next.

The Compound still hasn't closed. It's scheduled for the 1st but just got word that my buyer is an illegal and may have tax issues. ****! So, hopefully it can all be worked out. Otherwise I'll likely pull it off the market until spring. My realtor sucks.

To get my mind off of all that nonsense I did another day ride in the Owyhees with my dad and some of his friends. We unloaded a few miles into Silver City road and took trails from the south up to War Eagle then over to Cinnibar. We got to about 8100' at Cinnibar. That's almost a 6000' climb from my house. As close to a perfect fall day as can be expected. Mostly clear and in the 60s. We saw snow but didn't have to ride through any.

Cap it off with some beef, spuds and cider.
20171027_183405.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Now that is the way to end a good day!

Never fails trying to sell the house. Always some kind of weird event that makes you just want to scream into a pillow! It will turn out ok eventually. Hang in there.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Thanks, I'm trying. It's irritating because its been under contract 4 times and has come right up to closing 3 times. It's ridiculous. We'll get it worked out.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Another uneventful week. Excavation is done to this point provided it gets the A-OK from the soil engineer. Was hoping to have results back today but never heard from the contractor. If things keep going as scheduled we should have some concrete poured week after next.

The Compound still hasn't closed. It's scheduled for the 1st but just got word that my buyer is an illegal and may have tax issues. ****! So, hopefully it can all be worked out. Otherwise I'll likely pull it off the market until spring. My realtor sucks.

To get my mind off of all that nonsense I did another day ride in the Owyhees with my dad and some of his friends. We unloaded a few miles into Silver City road and took trails from the south up to War Eagle then over to Cinnibar. We got to about 8100' at Cinnibar. That's almost a 6000' climb from my house. As close to a perfect fall day as can be expected. Mostly clear and in the 60s. We saw snow but didn't have to ride through any.

View attachment 76120
What is that small building in the second picture?

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ

View attachment 76120
What is that small building in the second picture?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I'm assuming it was a root cellar or something like that. It was about 100' away from this cabin.
20171027_115440.jpg

Cabin was stocked with water and a little food. Sign on the door said it was privately owned but travelers were welcome to spend the night as long as they leave it as they found it.

Reactions: 4 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Thanks, I'm trying. It's irritating because its been under contract 4 times and has come right up to closing 3 times. It's ridiculous. We'll get it worked out.

Hopefully you're collecting some decent earnest money out of these failures

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I wish. Earnest money means nothing in this day and age, apparently. Basically, the only way to keep it on a failed transaction is if it comes right up to signing and the buyer just bails for no reason. The laws are heavily in the buyers' favor in this regard. If this deal goes sour I may pursue keeping it but I'll likely end up in court to do so. Is it really worth the hassle and expense over a couple grand? I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor