Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Reactions: 1 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
You got that right Kevin!!! Hmmm, G body compound in Idaho :)!!!!

Every now and then my wife hits me with a jab about how when we were dating some 35+ years ago, I always told here that we'll get married and move to a place like Arizona or somewhere like that....well 35+ years later.....we're still here...:(

Reactions: 2 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Come on over. There's still plenty of room.

Just need a good wood stove and a mountain of firewood laid in by October 31...

Not your average cellar hole. Those are EARTH MOVERS.
Moving Dirt.JPG

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
The Compound finally closed today!

Meanwhile, back in paradise, still just pushing dirt.

Hopefully we'll be seeing concrete work in the next week or two. It's starting to get below freezing at night so things could get interesting.

Local color...
I've mentioned before, and it's pretty obvious from the photos that this is farm country. Ironically, I don't see potatoes much around here. On this side of the river there are as couple large dairies so most of the farm ground directly supports them. Mostly corn with some hay and alfalfa mixed in. South and east of me has some orchards -- mostly peaches from what I can see.
On the other side of the river is about a dozen winerys so obviously lots of grapes. There are some onions and various other veggies too. The one crop that I wasn't really expecting to see over here is hops. Hundreds, maybe thousands of acres about 10 miles north of me.
Finally, there's sugar beets. It's a huge crop over here. The first time I saw the piles I had no idea what they were because they look just like river rocks. They're harvested from the fields and trucked to huge empty lots where a conveyer drops them in huge piles. They get stored in the open like that until the processing plant is ready for them.
20171026_163142.jpg

You can see the portapottys on the trailer for scale. That pile is about 4 times longer than you see in the picture and about 125-150 feet wide.

Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I almost completely forgot. My dad towed this home from Cle Elum yesterday.

It'll need some tinkering during the winter. It's only kind of interesting because we had one very similar when I was a kid. You'd never know it to look at me now but there was a time when I was a serious skier. I could run a course faster than anyone I knew. Did my fair share of wakeboarding, kneeboarding, and barefooting too but slalom was always my thing.
The original Natique got sold when I was about 15 and my dad had a dealer franchise with Ski West before they were bought out by Malibu. I've spent a lot of time around tournament ski boats. This should be as fun little trip down memory lane.

I'm also strongly contemplating a camp trailer build over the winter. Stay tuned for some actual projects.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor