Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
About a million years ago, I worked as a framer, we did finish a lot of it as well. We always had a designated spot for trash. Some of the trades would come in and trash the place, and when you called them on it, they ask if you really want to pay union rate for their guys to sweep and pick up trash.

Sadly, in the body shop world, it's pretty much the same thing...most techs have crap everywhere...drives me nuts. We actually had a guy get tangled up in some parts he had laying in his stall and wound up blowing out his knee when he went down. Boss said when he gets back from his surgery rehab, they're having a long talk about housekeeping and reminding him why there are wheels on his box if he balks.

Place looks like it's coming along nicely, despite the setbacks .

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
More astounding progress on the Bro Hauler. Got the front brake cables replaced. Unfortunately, in the process I discovered that it needs front shoes as well. Also found the front bearings were a bit loose. They're sealed so I peeled the dust seal out of the way and forced some grease in. Time will tell if they survive.

Also got my shiny new tail light lense installed.

Aside from that all I accomplished was straightening out some bent items, replaced some more missing hardware, and ride it a little more. I can't get over how well it runs.

Yamaha quality.

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I had some sloppy a**ed mechanics work for me. A lot were good techs though. I always used a measure that never failed me when I hired a new tech. If he brought 5 gallon buckets in of bolts and brackets I really had to keep an eye on him 'cause guess where that extra crap came from????

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I had some sloppy a**ed mechanics work for me. A lot were good techs though. I always used a measure that never failed me when I hired a new tech. If he brought 5 gallon buckets in of bolts and brackets I really had to keep an eye on him 'cause guess where that extra crap came from????
But, cars are built with 20% extra parts....:D

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*

My builder has already talked to the roofing office. It'll be taken care of. He's got a couple other leverage points against them anyway. Plus he's getting ready to start a pretty large project that they really want the job on. Basically a subdivision of duplexes. Lots of money for them to lose if they don't keep him happy.

I have no idea what was going on with the siding crew for the last 2 weeks. They were out here all day yesterday working with a full crew until they ran out of materials. I'd say they're about 70-80% done at this point.
The builder was here yesterday too and we spent a couple hours cleaning up then I helped him install the French doors in the basement.

And one last little FU. My well pump died Friday night. The guy came over yesterday afternoon to do the diag on it. I was really hoping it was just the pressure switch but no such luck. If the specs I was given on the pump by the seller were accurate, it's a little on the small side anyway so I guess now is a good time to upgrade. Just an added expense I was really not expecting. They're also going to be hooking up the water line to the new house at the same time.

I'll be working in Seattle for the next 10 days. Should look a little different when I get back.

Reactions: 7 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
glad the grading will get fixed, still would've knocked the guy's front teeth down his throat.....

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
He really didn't have any to spare. 23 year old with a grin like a jack-o-lantern.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
It sounds like you were lucky to catch the builder at just the right time, before he took on a major gig. It will be really, really nice to move in, put a log in the woodstove and just sit for a day or two.

Last edited:

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Agreed. My house (and his) are at the tail end of the calm before the storm. He's getting ready to build one with my dad, a custom for a customer, then jump into this duplex developement. The Boise area is the fastest growing market in the country. I'm happy to see him get a piece of it before he retires and his son takes over.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor